BRATISLAVA – Over 400 e-mails reached us in the last few days about the Slovak hockey trivia with many right answers.
These are the lucky winners who will receive the 2011 IIHF Media Guide & Record Book on DVD in the next few weeks:
Jeff Clark from Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Peter Gemeran from Bratislava, Slovakia
Lorna Koskela from Turku, Finland
Damir Dzhafarov from Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Martin Krivička from Bratislava, Slovakia
And here are the correct answers:
1) In which year did Slovakia win its first IIHF World Championship gold medal?
2) Who scored the 2-1 shootout winner for Slovakia versus Russia at the 2010 Olympics?
3) In which two previous years did Bratislava host IIHF World Championship games?
1959 and 1992
4) Which top Slovak player made the Stanley Cup finals in 2008, 2009, and 2010?
5) Which Slovak goalie posted a 1-0 shutout versus Canada at the 1976 Canada Cup?
6) After Peter Stastny, who is the second-highest scoring Slovak in NHL history?
Peter Bondra (892 points)
7) What is the name of the official 2011 IIHF World Championship mascot?
8) Which country did Slovakia beat for bronze at the 2003 IIHF World Championship?
9) Who was the only Slovak referee to officiate at the 2010 Olympics?
10) Which Slovak Extraliga club won its third straight national title this year?