Ticket sales officially started on the 27th of September 2010 at 11:00 a.m.
Watch the video of Miroslav Satan here.
The waiting for the start of ticket sales is finally over. The long-awaited moment officially started on the 27th of September 2010 at 11:00 a.m. The owner of the first championship tickets was long-serving Slovak team captain Miroslav Šatan, who received his tickets some 214 days before the start of the 2011 IIHF World Championship, Slovakia. The thirty-five year old hockey player received the symbolic ticket from the championship mascot – Goooly – in one of the official Ticketportal outlets.
“The Organizing Committee headquarters has been receiving telephone calls and e-mails for weeks. This is testimony to the fact that there is huge interest in tickets,” stated 2011 IIHF World Championship OC Chairman Igor Nemeček. The organizers are expecting around 350 000 spectators in the two Bratislava and Košice championship venues. Some 800 million TV viewers should tune in to the 56 televised games.
Championship games can be witnessed first-hand for as little as 10 Euros (Relegation Round – Košice, category 2). Preliminary Round ticket cost 55 Euros (category 1) and 40 Euros (category 2, Bratislava) or 30 Euros (category 2, Košice).
Preliminary Round ticket packages (containing 6 tickets) which have just gone on sale cost 273 Euros (category 1) or 201 Euros (category 2, Bratislava) or 150 Euros (category 2, Košice).
Further pricing information can be found on our page.
Tickets are to be sold in three phases. The first stage started on 27th September 2010, since when fans have been able to purchase Event Passes (32 tickets for Bratislava or 24 for Košice) and Round Tickets (Preliminary Round, Qualifying/Relegation Round, Final Round).
- 27.9. 2010 – 31.3.2011 – Event Passes and Round Tickets
- 1.12.2010 – 4.5.2011 – Day Tickets
- 1.2.2011 – 12.5.2011 – Single Game Tickets
The exclusive ticket sales partner for the 2011 IIHF World Championship is Ticketportal. Tickets can be purchased by the following means:
- Via the Championship’s website: http://2011.iihfworlds.com
- From the official partner: www.ticketportal.sk (or ticketportal.cz, ticketportal.pl, ticketportal.hu)
- From Ticketportal ticket outlets all around Slovakia
- From selected Ticketportal outlets in other countries: the Czech republic, Hungary, and Poland and later through partners in Russia, Austria, Slovenia, Belarus and Switzerland.
- By telephone on Ticket-Hotline: +421/917-86 86 86 (9:00 – 21:00 CET)
Upon purchasing a package, purchasers will receive a set of individual tickets. A maximum of 6 packages of tickets can be reserved. Reservations are held for 7 days. Tickets can be paid for via the internet or in person at Ticketportal outlets.