Download Original Release (pdf)
Tickets for 2010 IIHF World Championship go on Sale
The phone lines at the headquarters of the Organizing Committee have been hot for weeks and the request for tickets was almost too much to handle. Especially the spectacular opening game on May 7, 2010 in the VELTINS-Arena of Schalke, for which a spectator world record is being attempted. But the games of the world's 16 best Ice Hockey nations in the LANXESS Arena of Cologne and the SAP ARENA in Mannheim are already highly-requested, even though it is not yet fixed, which team will play in which group and where.
"The interest in world championship tickets, which we can register in- and outside of Germany, is really tremendous" says Franz Reindl, General Secretary of the Organizing Committee. "We are very happy that we can start so early with the ticket sales. All indications are that we will experience a fantastic ice hockey party in May 2010 in Germany."
Sales are starting and the wait has come to an end. Exactly 463 days before the opening face-off in the VELTINS-Arena, tickets went on sale on January 30, 2009 at 9 am.
During this first sales stage, the number of teams and games per arena are fixed, but teams are not yet allocated to groups and venues. Therefore, this stage offers the opportunity to secure the best seats in a desired category by selecting from various championship packages . Fans can also buy single game tickets for the opening game. Until the start of the second sales stage (app. May 2009), the following ticket types are offered:
- Preliminary Round package for both Cologne & Mannheim (optional incl. opening game Gelsenkirchen)
- Package incl. all games until Quarter Final for both Cologne & Mannheim (optional incl. opening game Gelsenkirchen)
- Package incl. all games until Final (optional incl. opening game Gelsenkirchen)
- Opening game with participation of German team, expected to play against one of the world's Top-5-Teams (currently Canada, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech Rep.)
Tickets for the opening game are available at 19 € (standing), the lowest price seating ticket is 29 €. Further information on prices and categories for all games and ticket types can be found at www.iihfworlds2010.com.
The central ticketing partner of the 2010 IIHF World Championship is the SAP ARENA. Tickets can be purchased as follows:
- Internet: www.iihfworlds2010.com
- Ticket-Hotline +49 621 18 19 0 333 (usual fees for calls into German landline network)
- On-site Ticket Shops of LANXESS Arena (Cologne), SAP ARENA (Mannheim) and VELTINS-Arena (Gelsenkirchen)
The 2010 IIHF World Championshipis May 7-23, 2010 in the LANXESS Arena in Cologne, the SAP Arena in Mannheim and the Veltins-Arena in Gelsenkirchen. The Organizing Committee headed by DEB President Uwe Harnos and Reindl, is hoping for 500.000 spectators at 56 World Championship games. Approximately 1,000 accredited journalists as well as around 190 TV stations will broadcast from Germany into more than 100 countries. Some 800 million viewers worldwide will follow the 2010 IIHF World Championship on TV.