Location: Taipei Arena, Taipei City, Chinese Taipei
Dates: 16-21 June 2014
Players: U18 Boys (born in 1996-1999)
The International Ice Hockey Federation is pleased to announce the details of its 2014 IIHF Asian U18 Hockey Development Camp which will be held at the Taipei Arena in Chinese Taipei from 16 to 21 June 2014.
Purpose and Goals of the Hockey Development Camp
The camp program is used as a platform to launch the IIHF’s development and education programs, specifically aimed at assisting each National Association to achieve their individually identified objectives, leading to global growth and development of the game.
The camp program is tailor-made to assist each National Association in upgrading and operating quality education programs within their National Association.
The IIHF’s National Association Assistance Program will be integrated with the camp program to assist nations in planning, organizing and operating domestic development programs.
In addition to this, the goals of the camp are to:
- Develop the Partnership between the IIHF and the member National Associations
- Educate the future leaders of ice hockey throughout the world
- Encourage Fair Play and Respect
- Provide the necessary tools to help National Associations meet the IIHF’s Minimum Participation Standards for World Championship participation
- Provide theoretical sessions and practical experience that can help improve each member National Association.
- Develop and enhance the skills of hockey leaders of member National Associations
- Provide practical IIHF Development Program examples
- Develop networks amongst the ice hockey family to share issues and find solutions
- Provide personal growth and development of all the participants
- Promote international friendships and relations
The 2014 IIHF Asian U18 Development Camp will feature programs for:
- Player Development
- Team Coach Development
- Goalkeeper Coach Development
- Equipment Manager Development
- Officiating Program for both, Referees and Linesmen
- Asian Strategic Planning Group – Referee in Chief Summit
- Chinese Taipei Ice Hockey Federation Learn to Play Program as part for their national Coaching License Education Program