Media accreditation for the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship in Buffalo, USA, can be requested until 24 November 2017 at noon ET.
Click here to access the application form.
A media hotel is offered. Click here for more information.
For non-top-division events (Division I, II etc.) that are not listed, please contact the organizing member national association. The contact information can be found here.
For IIHF World Championships, the application forms for media accreditation are distributed by the respective national ice hockey association to the following type of media only: (The media types are listed in order of priority)
- National news agencies (Example: Reuters, AP, CP, DPA, Itar-TASS, FNB, TT).
- National daily newspapers (Example: Die Welt, Aftonbladet, Globe & Mail).
- Major regional daily newspapers (Example: Göteborgs-Posten, Basler Zeitung, The Toronto Star).
- Major daily sport papers (Example: Sport-Express, Russia, La Gazzeta dello Sport).
- Major sport or hockey weeklies (L' Equipe, Sports-Illustrated, The Hockey News).
- Major weekly magazine (Example: Der Spiegel, Newsweek).
- Major sport or hockey websites (Example: ESPN.com, TSN.ca) - Note: No requests from applicants who write for websites which do not regularly cover sports or hockey will be approved.
- Other magazines (economic, lifestyle, fashion). Only time-limited accreditations.
In general, one credential per media outlet will be approved. For national news agencies, national daily newspapers the general limit will be three and for major regional newspapers and major daily sport papers the general limit will be two accreditations. Considerations will be given to special requests.
Also special considerations will be given to media of the hosting country and to regional media from hosting cities.
Since it is very difficult to control the validity of the increasing number of applications from freelance journalists, the following rules apply:
Further to the accreditation application, a freelance journalist must submit the following documents to the responsible person at the national association:
- Copy of a valid press card from a relevant press association
(AIPS, national press association, national sports press association).
- List of media outlets that the freelancer will provide with stories, reports.
- Written confirmation from the editor of the media outlet that
has assigned the freelancer to the IIHF World Championship.
In general, no application requests will be approved to freelance journalists from the organising country.