Location: Sport Institute of Finland in Vierumaki, Finland
Dates: 4-11 July 2015
Players: Male players born in 2000
The 15th global IIHF Hockey Development Camp will be held at the end of this current season, operating from 4 to 11 July 2015 in Vierumaki, Finland, and will include male players born in 2000, coaches, team staff and administrators participating in the various programs.
IIHF Member National Associations can commit their participation until 20th January 2015.
Purpose and Goals of the Hockey Development Camp
The camp emphasis will be on targeted development projects, aimed at assisting National Associations in their individual growth and development, with a primary focus on providing the participant nations with the tools needed to meet Minimum Participation Standards for their continuous participation in the IIHF World Championship Program.
As such, at least the following development programs will be in operation during the 2015 Hockey Development Camp:
- Player Development (Ambassadors of Long Term Athlete Development)
- Team Coach Development (Coach Director / Instructor Education)
- Goalkeeper Coach Development
- Team Manager Development (National Instructor Education)
- Equipment Manager Development (National Instructor Education)
- Administrators Education Program
- National Association Long-Term Player Development Program
The camp program will be used as a platform to launch the IIHF’s development and education programs, specifically aimed at assisting each National Association to achieve their individually identified objectives, leading to global growth and development of the game. The programs will be tailor-made to assist each National Association in upgrading and operating quality education programs within their National Association.
The IIHF National Association Assistance Program will be integrated with the camp program to assist nations in planning, organizing and operating domestic development programs, which may be eligible for further IIHF subsidies.
The IIHF will allow the National Associations to request specific participation in programs they wish to further educate their people and to create and execute a Domestic Development Plan. This is to allow nations that are willing to develop certain area(s), to have the opportunity to receive IIHF subsidy for such. If this is an opportunity your National Association would like to take advantage of, please be prepared to let us know which programs you would like to have a participant in, who the participants would be and the reasons for such a request.
In addition to this, the goals of the camp are to:
- Develop the Partnership between the IIHF and the member National Associations
- Educate the future leaders of ice hockey throughout the world
- Encourage Fair Play and Respect
- Provide the necessary tools to help National Associations meet the Minimum Participation Standards for World Championship participation
- Provide theoretical sessions and practical experience that can help improve each member National Association.
- Develop and enhance the skills of hockey leaders of member National Associations
- Provide practical IIHF Development Program examples
- Develop networks amongst the ice hockey family to share issues and find solutions
- Provide personal growth and development of all the participants
- Promote international friendships and relations
All the programs are guided and lead by the IIHF’s Development / Coaching Committee, along with its pool of IIHF Instructors & Mentors.