IIHF Camp Program
2013 IIHF Hockey Development Camp
Location: Sport Institute of Finland in Vierumäki, Finland
Dates: 6-14 July 2013
Players: Boys born in 1998
Click here for the camp website.
The International Ice Hockey Federation is pleased to announce the details of its 2013 Hockey Development Camp, which will be held at the Vierumäki Sport Institute in Vierumäki, Finland from July 6-14, 2013. This camp marks the 12th IIHF Global Hockey Development Camp.
Purpose and Goals of the Hockey Development Camp
The camp program is used as a platform to launch the IIHF’s development and education programs, specifically aimed at assisting each National Association to achieve their individually identified objectives, leading to global growth and development of the game.
The camp program is tailor-made to assist each National Association in upgrading and operating quality education programs within their National Association.
The IIHF’s National Association Assistance Program will be integrated with the camp program to assist nations in planning, organizing and operating domestic development programs, which may be eligible for IIHF subsidies.
In addition to this, the goals of the camp are to:
- Develop the Partnership between the IIHF and the member National Associations
- Educate the future leaders of ice hockey throughout the world
- Encourage Fair Play and Respect
- Provide the necessary tools to help National Associations meet the IIHF’s Minimum Participation Standards for World Championship participation
- Provide theoretical sessions and practical experience that can help improve each member National Association.
- Develop and enhance the skills of hockey leaders of member National Associations
- Provide practical IIHF Development Program examples
- Develop networks amongst the ice hockey family to share issues and find solutions
- Provide personal growth and development of all the participants
- Promote international friendships and relations
The 2013 camp will feature programs for:
- Player Development (Ambassadors of Long Term Athlete Development)
- Team Coach Development (Coach Director / Instructor Education)
- Coach Education Seminar (Coupled with the Team Coach Development Program)
- Team Manager Development (National Team / National Instructor Education)
- Equipment Manager Development (National Team / National Instructor Education)
- Administrator’s Education Program (National Association / Club Cooperation)
- National Association Learn to Play Instructor Development 1 (Make it Happen)
- National Association Learn to Play Instructor Development 2 (Be World Leading)
- Long Term Athlete Development Program (Including the development of the IIHF LTAD Model in cooperation with World Renown Dr. Steve Norris)
- IIHF Result Manager Program
- Goalkeeper Coach Development
All the programs are guided and lead by the IIHF’s Development / Coaching Committee, along with its pool of IIHF Instructors & Mentors.
2013 IIHF Women’s High Performance Camp
Click here for the camp website.
Now, entering the third season of programs on the “Road to Sochi 2014 and beyond”, the 2013 IIHF Women’s High Performance Camp will be held in Sheffield, Great Britain, 14-21 July 2013.
The program has expanded again this season to include all nations that are involved in the IIHF U18 Women’s World Championship program as well as those ranked in the top-14 nations The camp will focus on the 3rd phase of the IIHF’s women’s hockey development with players and national team staffs involved in development both on and off the ice.