Location: Sport Institute of Finland in Vierumaki, Finland
Dates: 8-15 July 2017
Players: Male players born in 2002
Click here for the camp website.
The International Ice Hockey Federation is pleased to announce the details of its 2017 Hockey Development Camp, which will be held at the Vierumäki Sport Institute in Vierumäki, Finland from 8-15 July 2017. This camp marks the 15th IIHF Global Hockey Development Camp.
The IIHF has the objective of developing ice hockey globally and, keeping that in mind, we are very happy to announce that the 2017 Hockey Development Camp will gather a total of 356 people from 58 countries!
Purpose and Goals of the Hockey Development Camp
The camp program is used as a platform to launch the IIHF’s development and education programs, specifically aimed at assisting each National Association to achieve their individually identified objectives, leading to global growth and development of the game. The main purpose of the camp is not to develop the individual players. The main objective is to provide the Leadership Program participants the required knowledge and tools to develop players, and the game in general, in their countries.
The camp program is tailor-made to assist each National Association in upgrading and operating quality education programs within their National Association. Following the direction of the IIHF Congress, sustainable growth of ice hockey is a very high priority for the IIHF and therefore recruitment and retention will be emphasized in these Programs. This can be achieved through the delivery of enjoyable and safe experiences for the players, wherever and whenever they are subject to such.
The IIHF’s National Association Assistance Program will be integrated with the camp program to assist nations in planning, organizing and operating domestic development programs, which may be eligible for IIHF subsidies.
In addition to this, the goals of the camp are to:
- Develop the Partnership between the IIHF and the member National Associations
- Educate the future leaders of ice hockey throughout the world
- Encourage Fair Play and Respect
- Provide the necessary tools to help National Associations meet the IIHF’s Minimum Participation Standards for World Championship participation
- Provide theoretical sessions and practical experience that can help improve each member National Association
- Develop and enhance the skills of hockey leaders of member National Associations
- Provide practical IIHF Development Program examples
- Develop networks amongst the ice hockey family to share issues and find solutions
- Provide personal growth and development of all the participants
- Promote international friendships and relations
The 2017 camp will feature programs for:
- Learn to Play Program
- MNA Leadership Development Program
- Team Coach Development
- Goalkeeper Coach Development
- Team Manager Development
- Equipment Manager Development
- Player Development (male players born 2002)
All the programs are guided and lead by the IIHF’s Youth and Junior Development Committee and Coaching Committee, along with its pool of IIHF Staff, Instructors & Mentors.