The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and in-line hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 72 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in cooperation with its 30 staff members more than 25 international tournaments and competitions annually.The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and in-line hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 72 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in cooperation with its 30 staff members more than 25 international tournaments and competitions annually.
The IIHF is currently looking for a German and English speaking:
Receptionist with IT and Administration Department tasks
who is responsible for answering incoming telephone calls, greeting visitors to the IIHF office and related duties to facilitate the smooth and effective daily operation of the IIHF office. This position will manage all mail, courier and shipping services and will join and provide support services to the IT Department and Administration Department. The IIHF would like this position to start as of July 1, 2013 or by agreement. This position reports both to the IT and Administration Director.
- Project a friendly, positive, professional image through in-person and phone interaction with IIHF Member National Associations and IIHF Partners
- Present at the Reception Desk
- Pick up and bring mail to the Post office
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls
- Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate staff person and offer them coffee/tea etc.
- Maintain a comprehensive schedule of all activities and meetings
- Receive all mail and courier deliveries. Coordinate the collection of mail/parcels by the different couriers including completing and filing the delivery notes
- Order and maintain an inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Coordinate meetings and other activities and functions within the IIHF office and organize Setup, snacks and refreshments when necessary
- Become thoroughly familiar with the organization and operation of the IIHF and all related activities
- Data management and update of all central IIHF Database
- Main contact for IIHF Intranet operations
- Update and develop IT manuals, IT guidelines and support documents for various IT system used internally by IIHF
- Assist the IIHF IT Director in coordinating IT projects and business travels
- Perform various miscellaneous duties at the discretion of the IT Director
- Ensure that maintenance of building is taken care of
- Coordination of shipments to World Championships and Congresses
Qualifications and Experience:
As being the face and the voice to the IIHF visitors and contacting persons, the ideal candidate must be able to create a friendly, positive and professional image and to execute administrative work independently and in an accurate way. She/he possesses excellent skills in English and German, both written and spoken. A team-oriented work ethic as well as excellent communication and people skills with the ability to work effectively across a broad range of stakeholder groups is required. The person has to be able to work under pressure and has to have a high degree of integrity, flexibility and resilience.
The ideal candidate will be offered a highly interesting and versatile function within a multi cultural environment as well as excellent benefits.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (incl. photo) via mail or e-mail at the following address:
International Ice Hockey Federation
c/o Iris Hänni
8027 Zürich, Switzerland
Phone: +41 44 562 22 22