The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and in-line hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 73 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in cooperation with its 28 staff members more than 25 international tournaments and competitions annually.
The IIHF is currently looking for a German and English speaking:
IT and New Media Coordinator
providing high level, administrative support to the IT Director and supporting the Marketing Department in their New Media initiatives. The IIHF would like this position to start as of July 1, 2015 or by agreement.
The person is responsible for assisting in the management of the IT Director’s managing schedule and workload to ensure adequate preparation for meetings and other events. He/she assists in the management of projects, calendar, travel, team coordination and other related projects as assigned. The person coordinates and supports IT team meetings and prepares appropriate materials and is capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The position includes the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people (internal and external stakeholders) paired with exceptional organizational skills. It requires also the ability to make decisions and adapt to changing work situations and grasp and apply new ideas. The successful applicant will be familiar with software development principles.
The IT New Media Coordinator reports directly to the IT Director and executes the tasks defined below:
- Support the IT Director in the IIHF Website project and produces all necessary documents in this respect (minutes from meetings, distributes and follows up on action items, produces project papers and presentations etc.)
- Responsible for technical setups for meetings (videoconferences, presentations to a larger audience )
- Supports other IT staff in assigned project work
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong client focus
- Proficient use of MS Office
- Superior and professional communication skills
- Performs other duties as assigned within the IT Department
- Supports all projects in regards of IIHF / Infront Contract implementation 2014 onward in the New Media area
- Calendar review and management of team members to identify conflicts and ensure full complement of staff on projects
- Responsible for drafting of correspondence, coordinating and scheduling meetings, and completing all paper necessary to facilitate the smooth progress of all running projects
- Responsible to ensure that all members of the various working understand the specifications of the projects, accurately cost and price their individual activities, responds to communications in a timely manner and meet their deadlines
- Supports data management in the new media project in collaboration with Marketing Partner Infront
- Planning and preparing presentations on project progress to senior management
Qualifications and Experiences
This position requires German or English as a native language and fluent English or German skills. First knowledge in New Media is a benefit. A team-oriented work ethic as well as excellent communication and people skills with the ability to work effectively across a broad range of stakeholder groups is required. The person has to be able to work under pressure and has to have a high degree of integrity, flexibility and resilience.
The ideal candidate will be offered a highly interesting and versatile function within a multi-cultural environment as well as excellent benefits.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (incl. photo) via mail or e-mail at the following address:
International Ice Hockey Federation
c/o Iris Hänni
Phone: +41 44 562 22 22