The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and in-line hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 77 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in co-operation with its 29 staff members around 25 international ice hockey tournaments and 2 membership congresses annually during the season from September to May.
We are looking for an
Asian Program Coordinator (100%)
to join and support our Sport Department preferably as of 1 November 2016, or by agreement. This position is directly responsible for the support of the Asian Program Manager and the various initiatives for the creation of a strong national league throughout China plus support of the Asian member national associations’ educational and development programs for coaching, officiating, player development and leadership programming within the Asian membership.
The primary duties involve the support for the development of a national league and the affiliated clubs in China, its infrastructure and operations along in cooperation with the involved parties. Duties also include support for developing and structuring of budgets, seasonal plans, educational initiatives, technical resource usage strategies, co-ordinating the training of national association instructors, implementation of the IIHF educational resources and supporting the logistics and operation of regional educational activities in Asian member National Associations.
This position is based in Zurich, Switzerland and the candidate reports to the IIHF General Secretary in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Support for the Asian Program Manager in his duties for the Asian region
- Coordination of the IIHF responsibilities in the development of a national league in China in cooperation with the Chinese Ice Hockey Federation, Infront, the Wanda company, BOCOG 2022 and the IIHF
- Support for the IIHF responsibilities in the development and operation of a national league in China
- Support the Asian Manager and Member National Associations in the execution of the Asia 2022 Development Strategy with the Asian members
- Support the seasonal work plans for the smooth and efficient operation of the individual development programs of each Asian nation
- Provide clerical support of all correspondence, reports, programs and initiatives by the Asian Program Manager
- Provide Chinese to English translation services for the Asian Program Manager and senior IIHF executives of all correspondence, reports and documents
- Maintain direct contact with the primary partners including the Chinese Ice Hockey Association, Infront, the Wanda company, BOCOG 2022 and the Chinese Sport Bureau
- Supporting the overall planning and scheduling of all related activities in the preparation and operation of IOC events in which the IIHF is participating
- Assist with the technical resource material (i.e., virtual academy, educational materials, promotional materials etc.) designed for all Asian development activities
- Coordinate the logistics of assigned IIHF Instructors to train and support national Association Instructors and related educational activities
- Support the production and distribution of the various reports and documents for the Asian Committee, IIHF Council and IIHF staff
- Maintenance of the profiles for each Asian Member National Association
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IIHF General Secretary
Qualifications and Experiences:
The person should have an education in sport, preferably a bachelor or master in sports management or a similar education. This position requires English or Chinese as a native language and fluent Chinese or English skills, German is an advantage. Further the person should have a broad knowledge about ice hockey as well as the Asian Culture A team-oriented work ethic as well as excellent communication and people skills with the ability to work effectively across a broad range of stakeholder groups is required. The person has to be able to work under pressure and has to have a high degree of integrity, flexibility and resilience.
The ideal candidate will be offered a highly interesting and versatile function within an international multi-cultural environment.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (incl. photo) via mail or e-mail at the following address:
International Ice Hockey Federation
c/o Iris Hänni
Phone: +41 44 562 22 22