The steering committee for the 2010 Molson Canadian World Hockey Summit has confirmed the dates for the first Molson Canadian World Hockey Summit to be held in Toronto, Canada Monday August 23 through Thursday August 26. The event will commence with a welcoming reception on Monday August 23 followed by sessions that will include panel discussions, presentations by key stakeholders and working group dialogues concluding on Thursday August 26th.
The steering committee is comprised of hockey leaders from around the world including the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), Hockey Canada, USA Hockey, the National Hockey League (NHL), the Canadian Hockey League (CHL) and a long standing supporter of hockey, Molson Coors Brewing Company.
This is the first time the major organizations in the hockey world will hold a summit meeting, this on the heels of the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver.
The Molson Canadian World Hockey Summit will focus primarily on player development and growth of the game, addressing both the opportunities and the most pressing issues in the hockey world today in topic sessions.
Essentially the focus will be on “Global Teamwork Promoting the Growth of the Game”. Thought leaders and key stakeholders in hockey from around the world will rendezvous in Toronto this August to engage in dialogue about the growth of hockey around the world.
Key themes for the event:
- An evaluation of the 2010 Olympic hockey tournaments in Vancouver, Canada
- Player safety and skill development initiatives
- Challenges facing grassroots, youth and junior programs around the world
- The future of the Global Hockey Agenda – International Competition, Interaction and Cooperation
- Women’s international hockey - Closing the gap with North America
- International transfers and player movement
- This Summit will also engage public participation throughout the sessions, along with opportunities to participate in summit discussions through social media networks. Special events will include visits to the Air Canada Centre (home of the Toronto Maple Leafs) and the Hockey Hall of Fame.
The Molson Canadian World Hockey Summit targets national federations, league and club executives and administrators, managers, youth and pro coaches, player agents and business representatives.
Please block your calendars and start planning your flights. The formal registration information will follow, as well as the final listing of topic areas along with the names of keynote speakers, presenters, panellists and moderators. We look forward to joining with you in conversation about our great game of Hockey at Toronto in August 2010.