HALIFAX, Canada – Double-header passes for the 2008 IIHF World Championship in Halifax will go on sale to the general public on Saturday, March 1, at 9am (Atlantic Time).
Fans can see two games on the same day including Team Canada days. Ticket prices for the double-headers are $136 and $108 (includes tax and service charges).
The Triple-header game price for May 12 is $204 and $162. Quarterfinal Tickets will go on sale at a later date.
Since 2003, Canada has captured three gold medals, one silver medal and is the defending World Champion. The nations hopes to be the first since 1986 to win a World title on home ice.
The Halifax Organising Committee will still continue to sell full tournament packages and the choice of five mini-packs for the World Championship.
- Opening Weekend 8-pack: $489 and $399. See all eight teams starting from the opening game Friday, May 2nd through Monday, May 5th. Eight games, including two Team Canada.
- Opening Weekend Bonus 10-pack: $660 and $536. Buy the same seat for both quarterfinals games before the single tickets go on sale. Includes 8-pack games plus two quarter-finals
- Canada – USA Feature 4-pack: $244 and $199. Four preliminary round games Tuesday and Wednesday. Features Canada versus USA and Finland versus Slovakia.
- Final Weekend Playoff 6-pack: $375 and $307.50. Includes games of teams who must win to advance. Six of the games that matter on the second weekend of the championship. Qualification round for teams going on the quarter-finals or facing elimination.
- Canada + Playoffs 11-pack: $720 & $584.75. Includes three Team Canada games plus quarterfinals.
Full twenty-six games packages are still available, which include 24 round-robin games and two quarterfinals. Packages are $1,125.80 and $989. HST and Service charges included in all ticket packages (Canadian Funds).
Ticket packages and double-headers for Halifax are available only through: www.ticketatlantic.com
, by phone at +1 902 451-1221, or at the Ticket Atlantic box office at the Halifax Metro Centre.
Halifax will host Canada, USA, Finland, Slovakia, Germany, Latvia, Norway and Slovenia, while Quebec City will host Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Belarus, Denmark, France and Italy.
For more information about the 2008 IIHF World Championship, visit: www.Hockey2008.ca