The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and in-line hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 77 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in cooperation with its 29 staff members more than 30 international tournaments and competitions annually.
We are looking for an English-speaking
providing high quality, accurate and timely professional ice-hockey related services to all IIHF shareholders. This position reports to the IIHF General Secretary. The IIHF would like this position to start as on 01 October 2017.
This position is responsible for the overall design, planning and operation of the IIHF competitions and activities in concert with the IIHF Council and its various committees (Asian, Coaching, Competition, Development, Medical, Officiating, Women’s), the co-ordination of the Anti-Doping Program, the IIHF Rules as well as for the direction and supervision of a comprehensive Sport Development Program for our Member National Associations to provide the necessary resources for the education of coaches, game officials, players, administrators and medical personnel. This position reports to the IIHF General Secretary.
- Manage the organisation, structure and operation of the sport technical components of all IIHF Championships and Olympic Winter Games
- Represent the IIHF at technical level with Olympic Games and IIHF Championships
- Plan and manage the activities of the Sport Department assigned working committees through regularly scheduled meetings and supervision of their responsibilities as outlined within the mandate of each IIHF working committee
- Supervise the budgets of all Sport Department related activities from their development through their application
- Initiate and manage the necessary regulations associated to the operation of IIHF competitions for the ease and efficiency of operation as well as supervise and assist the contents development of the IIHF Rule Book
- Management of Sport Department staff and their assigned responsibilities
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned by the IIHF General Secretary
- Excellent knowledge of the game and working experience in the Ice Hockey environment
- Fluent in English; German and French language would be a benefit
- Strong computer skills; fluency in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with IIHF stakeholders, structure and policies
- Effective communicator on all levels; smooth interpersonal skills for interacting with the IIHF President, IIHF Council members, IIHF General Secretary, IIHF staff and IIHF stakeholders
- Manage competing deadlines and efficiently balance priorities and own workload under pressure professionalism and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure over longer periods and at events
- Exhibit exemplary politeness, discipline and tact while on the job; Possess a bright and positive personality and attitude
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
The ideal candidate will be offered a highly interesting and versatile function within a multi-cultural environment and with modern working conditions.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (incl. photo) via mail or e-mail until 30 April 2017 at the following address:
International Ice Hockey Federation
c/o Gion Veraguth
Phone: +41 44 562 22 80