The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and in-line hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 72 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in cooperation with its 29 staff members more than 25 international tournaments and competitions annually.
The IIHF is currently looking for a German and English speaking:
to join and support our IIHF Administration Department, preferably as of July 1, 2014, or by agreement.
This position is a shared position between the IIHF and the EICC (European Club Competition AG). For the IIHF, the position is responsible for answering incoming telephone calls, welcoming visitors to the IIHF office and related duties to the smooth and effective daily operation of the IIHF office. It manages all mail, courier and shipping services. This position reports to the Administration & Finance Director.
In addition, this position supports the newly founded EICC in various administrative tasks and reports to the CEO of the EICC as well as acts as receptionist for the EICC.
- Project a friendly, positive, professional image through in-person and phone interaction with IIHF Member National Associations and IIHF / EICC Partners
- Present at the Reception Desk: 08.30 – 12.00 / 13.30 – 17.30
- Pick up and bring mail to the Post office
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls
- Welcome and direct visitors to the appropriate staff person and offer them coffee/tea etc.
- Receive all mail and courier deliveries. Co-ordinate the collection of mail/parcels by the different couriers including completing filing the delivery notes.
- Provide IHF / EICC stakeholders with Visa Invitation Letters
- Checking delivery bills
- Order and maintain an inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Controlling and monitoring housekeeping services together with the IIHF Administration Manager
- Coordinate meetings and other activities and functions within the IIHF office and the EICC and organize snacks and refreshments when necessary
- Become thoroughly familiar with the organization and operation of the IIHF, the EICC and all related activities
- Maintain a day to day record of all IIHF staff travel itineraries, hotels contact phone numbers and meeting locations
- Booking flights and accommodation for various meetings and events
- Maintain a comprehensive schedule of all activities and meetings
- Ensure that maintenance of building is taken care of
- Perform other duties at the discretion of the Administration & Finance Director of the IIHF and the CEO of the EICC.
- Assisting preparation of Congress, WM as well as European Club Championships Games.
- Assists the Administration & Finance Director in basic financial tasks such as preparing invoices, deal with incoming expenses etc.
- Other administrative duties at the discretion of the Administration & Finance Director
Qualifications and Experiences:
The ideal candidate must be able to execute administrative work independently and in an accurate way. She/he possesses excellent skills in English and German, both written and spoken. A team-oriented work ethic as well as excellent communication and people skills with the ability to work effectively across a broad range of stakeholder groups is required. The person has to be able to work under pressure and has to have a high degree of integrity, flexibility and resilience.
In addition this person should possess basic skills in Microsoft Office and should have basic knowledge in financial matters.
The ideal candidate will be offered a highly interesting and versatile function within a multi cultural environment as well as a start salary of around CHF 4’500.00.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (incl. photo) via mail or e-mail at the following address:
International Ice Hockey Federation
c/o Iris Hänni
Phone: +41 44 562 22 22