The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and in-line hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 76 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in cooperation with its 29 staff members more than 30 international tournaments and competitions annually.
We are looking for a German- and English-speaking
Assistant to the IIHF General Secretary
and the Legal Department
providing high quality, accurate and timely professional executive-level support to the IIHF General Secretary. The responsibilities include managing and coordinating the administrative functions and welfare within the General Secretarial office. This position reports to the IIHF General Secretary and IIHF Director of Administration and Finance. The IIHF would like this position to start as soon as possible but latest on 1st July 2017.
The person assists the IIHF General Secretary and the Legal Department in executing administration tasks in relation to various events, projects and appointments of the General Secretary as well as of the Legal Counsel. This concerns a great variety of activities, including secretarial support for the execution of project operations, maintaining contacts with Council members, member national associations, members of International Sport Federations as well as IIHF office administrational tasks.
- Providing full administrative support to the General Secretary and the Legal Counsel e.g. management of calendars, programs, travel arrangements and the connected protocol
- Organising Council meetings incl. travel and accommodation arrangements for the Council members, preparation of documents, writing and distribution of minutes
- Assisting in the preparation and operation of the IIHF Congresses including sending out the congress notices, preparing the agenda, the congress documents as well as writing and distributing the minutes.
- Preparation of World Championship Directorate meetings and writing and distributing the respective minutes.
- Preparation and organisation of World Championship Guest invitations and connected services (together with the Assistant to the IIHF President)
- Organisation and preparation of internal meetings
- Document management for the Legal Department
- Performing of other administrational duties at the discretion of the General Secretary and Legal Counsel
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to draft official correspondence and reports in different languages;
- Fluent in English and German; French language would be a benefit
- Strong computer skills; fluency in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with IIHF stakeholders, structure and policies
- Effective communicator on all levels; smooth interpersonal skills for interacting with the IIHF President, IIHF Council members, IIHF General Secretary, IIHF staff and IIHF stakeholders
- Manage competing deadlines and efficiently balance priorities and own workload under pressure professionalism and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure over longer periods and at events
- Exhibit exemplary politeness, discipline and tact while on the job; Possess a bright and positive personality and attitude
- Ability to demonstrate empathy with external stakeholders and staff
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Solid experience in event and project planning
- Applicable knowledge and experience with document management
- Experience as legal assistant in a law firm, corporate setting or in a sports association would be a benefit
The ideal candidate will be offered a highly interesting and versatile function within a multi-cultural environment as well as a start salary of around CHF 78’000.00 yearly.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (incl. photo) until 25 May 2017 latest via mail or e-mail at the following address:
International Ice Hockey Federation
c/o Gion Veraguth
Phone: +41 44 562 22 80