The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) is dedicated to the worldwide growth and development of ice hockey and Inline hockey, providing exemplary leadership and governance for its 77 member national associations. From its headquarters in Zurich, the IIHF organizes in cooperation with its 28 staff members more than 25 international tournaments and competitions annually.
We are looking for a German and English speaking
to join and support our IIHF Administration Department, preferably as of September 1, 2016 or by agreement.
This position is a shared position between the IIHF and the CHL (Champions Hockey League). For the IIHF, the position is responsible for answering incoming telephone calls, welcoming visitors and related duties to the smooth and effective daily operation of the IIHF office. This position is also involved in general accounting duties and reports to the Finance Manager.
In addition, this position acts as receptionist for the CHL and supports the CHL in various administrative tasks.
- Project a friendly, positive, professional image through in-person and phone interaction with IIHF Member National Associations and IIHF / CHL Partners
- Present at the Reception Desk: 08.30 – 12.00 / 13.30 – 17.30
- Responsible for daily mail
- Receive all mail and courier deliveries. Co-ordinate the collection of mail/parcels by the different couriers including completing filing the delivery notes and checking of the delivery bills
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls
- Welcome and direct visitors to the appropriate staff person
- Order and maintain an inventory of office and kitchen supplies
- Controlling and monitoring housekeeping services together with the IIHF Administration Manager
- Coordinate meetings and other activities and functions within the IIHF office and the CHL according to their demands
- Become thoroughly familiar with the organization and operation of the IIHF, the CHL and all related activities
- Manage travel arrangements and accommodation for various meetings and events, especially in regards of booking flights for the assigned IIHF Officials to Events
- Maintain a comprehensive schedule of all activities and meetings in outlook
- Ensure that maintenance of building is taken care of
- Assists the Finance Manager in basic accounting tasks. Other administrative duties at the discretion of the Finance Manager
- Perform other duties at the discretion of the Finance Manager of the IIHF and the CEO of the CHL
Qualifications and Experiences:
The ideal candidate must be able to execute administrative work independently and in an accurate way. She/he possesses excellent skills in English and German, both written and spoken. A team-oriented work ethic as well as excellent communication and people skills with the ability to work effectively across a broad range of stakeholder groups is required. The person has to be able to work under pressure and has to have a high degree of integrity, flexibility and resilience.
Preferably that person has an education in commercial administration “Kaufmännische Ausbildung”.
In addition this person should possess good skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and should have basic knowledge in financial matters and a flair for accounting and numbers is an advantage.
Applications will be accepted until end of July 2016 and the candidates will be contacted beginning of August to schedule the interviews.
The ideal candidate will be offered a highly interesting and versatile function within a multi cultural environment as well as a start salary of around CHF 58’500.00 yearly.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (incl. photo) via mail or e-mail at the following address:
International Ice Hockey Federation
c/o Iris Hänni
Phone: +41 44 562 22 22