STOCKHOLM Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, athletics icon Carolina Klüft, goalie legend Vladislav Tretiak, and IOC President Jacques Rogge are among the VIPs who will take part in Sundays IIHF Hall of Fame induction at the Globe Arena.
Not only is there an outstanding class of inductees in the 2013 IIHF Hall of Fame induction, but the ceremony will have a group of distinguished presenters who will introduce the inductees at the May 19th event.
- Mats Sundin will be lauded by Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt
- Peter Forsberg by Swedish athletics icon Carolina Klüft
- Paul Henderson by 1972 nemesis, IIHF and HHOF inductee Vladislav Tretiak
- Teppo Numminen by Finnish NHL legend Jari Kurri
- Danielle Goyette by Swedens 2006 Olympic Miracle coach Peter Elander
- Builder Jan-Ċke Edvinsson by Hall of Famer Murray Costello
- Paul Loicq Award winner Gord Miller by Hockey Canada president Bob Nicholson
- Soviet hockey legend Boris Mikhailov will receive the IIHF Milestone Trophy on behalf of the 1954 Soviet Union World Championship team
IOC President Jacques Rogge will close the ceremony, which will be moderated by Paul Romanuk.
Click here for complete biographies of the 2013 IIHF Hall of Fame inductees and award winners. The jerseys the inductees in the player category will wear are up for auction on eBay.com and the proceedings will be donated. Click here for more information.
The ceremony will take place at the Globe Hotel at 13.00 on Sunday, May 19 and is strictly limited to invited guests and media accredited for the event.
Click here for a complete list of all IIHF honoured members. It now boasts 189 greats from 22 countries.