- The teams submit the names of the participating players at the first Championship Directorate.
- The maximum number of players allowed on a Team Registration Form at the beginning of the World Championship is 20 skaters and 3 goalies. The minimum is 15 skaters and 2 goalies.
- At the first Directorate meeting, the teams must name at least the minimum number of 15 skaters and 2 goalkeepers. The players entered must be present at the championship venue by the time of the Directorate meeting.
- The remaining players up to the allowed maximum of 20 + 3 must be submitted for players' control two hours before any of the following championship games.
- During a game, a team may enter (dress) 20 skaters and 2 goalkeepers on the Official Game Sheet, with the emergency goalkeeper standing by if a goalie entered to the Official Game Sheet is unable to play.
- From the start of the Qualification Round and Relegation Round (and until two hours before any of the following games), the teams are entitled to add two additional players (skaters or goalkeepers) to their roster.
- No players have to be deleted from the roster. From the start of the Qualification Round and the Relegation Round, the teams can thus carry a maximum of 25 players (skaters and goalkeepers in any combination).