Location: Sport Institute of Finland in Vierumäki, Finland
Dates: 5-12 July 2014
Players: Girls born in 1998 and 1999
The 14th global IIHF Hockey Development Camp will be held at the end of this current season, operating from 5 to 12 July 2014 in Vierumäki, Finland, and will include female players born in 1998 and 1999, coaches, team staff and administrators participating in the various programs.
IIHF Member National Associations can commit their participation until 20th January 2014.
Purpose and Goals of the Hockey Development Camp
The camp emphasis will be on targeted development projects, aimed at assisting National Associations in their individual growth and development, with a primary focus on providing the participant nations with the tools needed to meet Minimum Participation Standards for participation in the IIHF World Championship Program.
As such, the following development programs will be in operation during the 2014 Hockey Development Camp:
- Player Development (Ambassadors of Long Term Athlete Development)
- Team Coach Development (Coach Director / Instructor Education)
- Goalkeeper Coach Development
- Team Manager Development (National Instructor Education)
- Equipment Manager Development (National Instructor Education)
- Administrators Education Program (Emphasis on Female Hockey Development)
- National Association Learn to Play Instructor Development
- Game Officials Education Program
The camp program will be used as a platform to launch the IIHF’s development and education programs, specifically aimed at assisting each National Association to achieve their individually identified objectives, leading to global growth and development of the game. The programs will be tailor-made to assist each National Association in upgrading and operating quality education programs within their National Association.
The IIHF National Association Assistance Program will be integrated with the camp program to assist nations in planning, organizing and operating domestic development programs, which may be eligible for further IIHF subsidies.
In addition to this, the goals of the camp are to:
- Develop the Partnership between the IIHF and the member National Associations
- Educate the future leaders of ice hockey throughout the world
- Encourage Fair Play and Respect
- Provide the necessary tools to help National Associations meet the Minimum Participation Standards for World Championship participation
- Provide theoretical sessions and practical experience that can help improve each member National Association.
- Develop and enhance the skills of hockey leaders of member National Associations
- Provide practical IIHF Development Program examples
- Develop networks amongst the ice hockey family to share issues and find solutions
- Provide personal growth and development of all the participants
- Promote international friendships and relations
All the programs are guided and lead by the IIHF’s Development / Coaching Committee, along with its pool of IIHF Instructors & Mentors.