Location: Sport Institute of Finland in Vierumaki, Finland
Dates: 4-11 July 2015
Players: Male players born in 2000
Click here for the camp website.
The International Ice Hockey Federation is pleased to announce the details of its 2015 Hockey Development Camp, which will be held at the Vierumäki Sport Institute in Vierumäki, Finland from July 4-11, 2015. This camp marks the 14th IIHF Global Hockey Development Camp.
Purpose and Goals of the Hockey Development Camp
The camp program is used as a platform to launch the IIHF’s development and education programs, specifically aimed at assisting each National Association to achieve their individually identified objectives, leading to global growth and development of the game.
The camp program is tailor-made to assist each National Association in upgrading and operating quality education programs within their National Association.
The IIHF’s National Association Assistance Program will be integrated with the camp program to assist nations in planning, organizing and operating domestic development programs, which may be eligible for IIHF subsidies.
In addition to this, the goals of the camp are to:
- Develop the Partnership between the IIHF and the member National Associations
- Educate the future leaders of ice hockey throughout the world
- Encourage Fair Play and Respect
- Provide the necessary tools to help National Associations meet the IIHF’s Minimum Participation Standards for World Championship participation
- Provide theoretical sessions and practical experience that can help improve each member National Association
- Develop and enhance the skills of hockey leaders of member National Associations
- Provide practical IIHF Development Program examples
- Develop networks amongst the ice hockey family to share issues and find solutions
- Provide personal growth and development of all the participants
- Promote international friendships and relations
The 2015 camp will feature programs for:
- Player Development
- Team Coach Development
- Goalkeeper Coach Development
- Team Manager Development
- Equipment Manager Development
- Administrators Education Program
- National Association Learn to Play Program
All the programs are guided and lead by the IIHF’s Development and Coaching Committee, along with its pool of IIHF Instructors & Mentors.