The organizing committee is currently a little ahead in the World Championship arrangements. Agreements have been concluded for cities, arenas and several operational partners.
”We have set the bar high in everything we do, and the conditions for the games will be top notch. We want to make an event that Finns can be proud of,” says Heikki Hietanen, the General Secretary of the 2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship.
Search for volunteers begins this spring
”We are looking for well over a thousand volunteers for various organizational tasks in Tampere and Helsinki. Volunteers can experience the atmosphere of the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship from the very start and gain experience in organizing a major international event,” Hietanen promises.
2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Finland - facts
- The 2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship will be held 13 to 29 May 2022 in Tampere and Helsinki
- 16 teams play in the Championships
- A total of 64 games will be played, with each team having seven games in the preliminary round
- The quarter-finals will be played in Tampere and Helsinki
- The semi-finals and final and bronze games will be held in Tampere
- The Finnish national team will play its games in Tampere
- Half a million guests are expected to attend the 2022 IIHF WM
- The 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship reached a cumulative TV audience of over 1.6 billion