René Fasel, President of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), Horst Lichtner, IIHF Secretary General, as well as Aigars Kalvitis, President of the Latvian Hockey Federation (LHF) and Edgars Buncis, Head of the Organizing Committee, announced the start of ticket sales at a press conference on Saturday.
At the press conference, the IIHF and the organizing committee revealed information about ticket prices and COVID-19 restrictions for spectators according to the recent decision of the government of Latvia.
“We all have been waiting for this moment. We are very satisfied and grateful to the Latvian government, which despite the complicated situation has given our passionate fans the opportunity to attend the remaining championship games,” said Edgars Buncis. “I am convinced that fans will bring even more glory and joy to this big hockey party. May all of fans experience beautiful and emotional hockey.”
Ticket sale will start on the official website www.IIHF.com approximately 24 hours before the games.
Tickets will be available in one price category. The price of one ticket for the remaining preliminary-round games will cost €110, tickets to quarter-final games will be available for €165, tickets for the semi-finals will cost €220, for the bronze medal game €280 and for the gold medal game €340.
Residents of Latvia will be able to attend the 2021 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship if their certificate confirms that the person has been vaccinated in Latvia against Covid-19 and has passed 14 days after completing the full vaccination course, or from 22 to 90 days after the first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine and immediately after receiving the second dose of AstraZeneca.
Also, people who have recovered from Covid-19 infection will be allowed to watch the championship games with information on the procedure available on www.covid19sertifikats.lv.
Upon arrival at the hockey arenas, fans will be required to present a personalized entry ticket together with a valid ID, an interoperable vaccination or disease certificate.
A personalized entrance ticket will only be valid together with the certificate and identity document. The vaccination certificate can be downloaded from the portal www.covid19sertifikats.lv.
When attending the games, fans will be required to wear a mouth and nose cover both indoors and outside the arena.
The total number of spectators with personalized entrance tickets at Arena Riga will not exceed 2,660, and in the Olympic Sports Centre the maximum capicity will be 1,058 spectators.
- spectators are allowed persons whose interoperability certificate confirms that the person has been vaccinated against a Covid-19 infection (already on Tuesday residents can download these certificates from the website www.covid19sertifikats.lv);
- a personalized ticket purchased online on the internet ticketing system (name, surname);
- a personalized ticket is valid only together with an interoperability vaccination certificate or a certificate that assures that a person has recovered from a Covid-19 infection and a valid identity document of the ticket holder;
- ticket, certificate, identity and security checks all together will be done at the venue entrance;
- information about the ticket, certificate, identity and security checking fact and the information obtained during the check will not be saved;
- spectators are obligated to wear a mouth and nose cover/mask while outdoors and indoors in the game arena;
- the total number of spectators with personalized tickets at Arena Riga will not exceed 2660 persons, in the Olympic Sports Centre it will not exceed 1058 persons;
- spectators need to be in fixed, personalized seating during the whole game (including breaks) and during the game the seat can only be left for the toilet. Spectators can stand up;
- selling of food and drink is not allowed;
- other restrictions related to attending the event;
- spectators must present a vaccination certificate or proof for recovering from Covid 19 at the request of the inspection authorities.
- No more than two tickets per person;
- Tickets are sold separately for each game;
- Visitors should leave the arena after the game;
- A seating plan has developed according COVID protocol and technical requirements.
- Interoperability cerftificate is verified;
- Persons identity is checked (ID card or passport);
- Personalized ticket is checked;
- Inspection of prohibited items;
- Visitor goes to the arena entrance, finds the entrance of his sector in arena;
- Visitor goes to his sector and take his place.