Official IIHF Documents
Zurich combines creative city life and idyllic scenery in a small surface area. Art connoisseurs and culture enthusiasts can choose from more than 50 museums and more than 100 galleries, while inquisitive city explorers can discover the striking contrast between the picturesque Old Town and modern urban neighborhoods. Nature lovers will delight in the city’s location directly by the lake and in its very own mountain, the Uetliberg. In addition, first-class restaurants, bars, and clubs make for a vibrant nightlife. This will also be true for 2020 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship fans – the party will continue as Zurich and its visitors celebrate the 2020 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship!
General Facts about Zurich
- Canton: Zurich
- Population: 428,737 inhabitants, the largest city in Switzerland
- Currency: Swiss franc (CHF)
- Time zone: Central European Summer Time: UTC/GMT +2 hours
- Climate: Summer average temperature in May is about 10-22° C
- Main sights: The Old Town with its three famous churches (the Grossmünster, the Fraumünster and Church of St. Peter), Lindenhof Hill, Bahnhofstrasse, Lake Zurich, Sechseläutenplatz with the Opera House, Uetliberg Mountain and Zurich-West.
- City website: zuerich.com