We are looking for a German and English speaking
IIHF Data Manager 100%
to join and support our IIHF Technology Department, preferably as of October 1, 2019 or by agreement.
Reporting to the IIHF Technology Director, the Data Manager will oversee the development and use of data systems. They will develop efficient ways to secure, organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Data Management - Thorough understanding of the principles of data management and administration.
- IT Skills – Data Manager should be familiar with modern databases and IT systems and how they work.
- Analytical Skills - Due to the importance of data analysis in their everyday duties, the Data Manager needs to be proficient at digesting and analyzing large amounts of data
- Problem Solving Skills - The Data Manager must be able to tackle problems under pressure.
- Communication Skills – excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Professional and ethical behaviour
- English and German speaking
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field
- Project management skills
International Ice Hockey Federation
Tel: +41 44 562 22 00
Email: [email protected]