The IIHF is constantly and diligently implementing structures and creating rules to enhance and promote integrity in the sport of ice hockey. All IIHF integrity rules and programs are contained within the IIHF Integrity Hub.
IIHF Integrity consists of 4 pillars:
The IIHF’s aim is to protect clean players by keeping ice hockey free of doping.
- Competition Manipulation:
The IIHF’s goal is to protect the exciting and unpredictable character of ice hockey games by preventing players, coaches or officials from cheating.
- Abuse & Harassment:
The IIHF’s priority is to protect children and adults in ice hockey from harm by providing a safe space in which they can perform their sport.
The IIHF’s objective is to encourage ethical conduct in ice hockey by discouraging ethical misconduct.
The relevant rules for each of the Integrity pillars can be found in the IIHF Integrity Book.
Should you wish to report anything to the IIHF, please consult the reporting page.
IIHF Integrity EducationEach season, the IIHF conducts IIHF Integrity Workshops during at least 10 IIHF World Championships. The respective IIHF World Championships where the IIHF will hold its Integrity Workshops are chosen based on a Risk Assessment at the beginning of each season. If COVID-19 restrictions permit, the IIHF will hold Integrity Workshops at the following championships during the 2020/2021 Season:
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship;
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship Division I Group A;
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship Division I Group B;
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship Division II Group A;
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 World Championship Division II Group B;
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 Women’s World Championship;
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 Women’s World Championship Division I Group A;
- IIHF Ice Hockey U18 Women’s World Championship Division I Group B;
- IIHF Ice Hockey World Junior Championship; and
- IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group B.
In addition, the IIHF provides multiple Integrity education session each year during the following IIHF events:
- IIHF Development, High Performance and Goalkeeper camps.
- IIHF Coaching Symposia.
- IIHF Referee and Linesmen Meetings / Symposia.