IntroductionThe IIHF Equipment Supplier Support Program was established in 1994 with the main objective of the IIHF working together with their suppliers to distribute equipment to member National Associations to assist the growth of ice hockey.
The IIHF Supplier Pool Member; Bauer, Busch, Easton Sports, Graf, Fischer, Frontier, Rebellion , Reebok/CCM, Sherwood Inc, Tackla and Warrior, have all made their equipment available for “value in kind” donations to qualifying National Associations
This program, working in conjunction with the IIHF Learn to Play Program, and soon to be released IIHF Recruitment Program, will enable families new to ice hockey see the positive benefits of the sport and get started for little or no cost.
EquipmentThe equipment that is supplied and available for the program this season is:
- Player Beginner Sets – including helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, pants, shin pads, gloves and a bag
- Goalkeepers Beginner Sets including – helmet with mask, chest and arm protector, pants, goalie pads, blocker, catcher and a bag
National AssociationsIn order to qualify for equipment support a National Association must satisfy specific criteria, these include:
- Demonstrate a need for the equipment
- Show how the equipment will used for the improvement of ice hockey in their nation
- Submission of a national development plan
- Being actively involved in IIHF Development Programs, especially the Learn to Play Program
National Associations interested in participating in the IIHF Equipment Supplier Support Program should contact the IIHF office for more information.
Qualifying National AssociationsThe National Associations that have benefited from the IIHF Equipment Supplier Support Program are:
- Ice Hockey Australia
- Ice Hockey UK
- Hong Kong Ice Hockey Association
- Macau Ice Sports Federation
- Malaysian Ice Hockey Association
- New Zealand Ice Hockey Federation
- Romanian Ice Hockey Federation (FRHG)
- Spanish Ice Hockey Federation (FEDH)
- Turkish Ice Hockey Federation